STUDENT AFFAIRS GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIPS
Student Affairs and our campus partners serve as an educational laboratory for graduate students pursuing careers in higher education broadly as well as student affairs more specifically.
The Office of Vice President for Student Affairs (OVPSA) coordinates the selection process for graduate assistantships in Student Affairs and our campus partners, including the Career Center, New Student Orientation, and the Office of Service Learning. Each year, we invite incoming and current master’s-level graduate students to apply for positions and attend interviews during our Visiting Days program.
This process is not inclusive of all assistantships available across the university.
All students enrolled in or applying to a master’s-level graduate program offered at the University of Georgia are eligible to apply for assistantships through our process.
Doctoral-level assistantships are not offered through this process.
Each assistantship comes with the following:
- Tuition Waiver – Covers either in-state or out-of-state tuition as well as summer tuition.
- Stipend – May include different requirements and compensation. View position descriptions or contact assistantship providers directly for more information.
2023-2024 Graduate Assistantships
Application for 2023-2024 Graduate Assistantships is CLOSED
Visiting Days 2023
December 1, 2022 – Deadline to apply to CSAA (if applicable)
December 1, 2022-January 6, 2023 – Apply for Assistantships and Register for Visiting Days
February 12-13, 2023 – Visiting Days (in-person)
February 14-17, 2023 – Virtual Interviews
February 21, 2023 – Assistantship Offers Begin
April 15, 2023 – National Deadline for Graduate School Acceptance
Ongoing Material Submission
If you missed our January application deadline, we accept materials on a rolling basis. Please note the following:
- Your materials will only be shared with departments in Student Affairs who have an open graduate assistantship
- You will only be contacted if a department has an opening and is interested in setting up an interview with you
- Most assistantships fill in early spring semester
For questions about Student Affairs Graduate Assistantships, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the College Student Affairs Administration M.Ed. program, email email@example.com