Expectations and Goals (November/December)
- Suggested video resource: Performance Management: Setting Goals and Managing Performance
*Please note that the videos referenced in this document are only intended as a resource and every supervisor should have a discussion with their own supervisor before implementing any new major human resources initiative in their department.
- Supervisor will deliver list of expectations to the supervisee no less than two business days prior to the scheduled meeting.
- Supervisor and supervisee will discuss their mutual understanding of the expectations
- Both the supervisor and the supervisee will fill out a goals sheet and discuss their goals for the next calendar year. Supervisors and supervisees should discuss how the other individual may play a role in supporting or assisting the other in achieving their goals.
- After both goal sheets are reviewed and discussed, supervisor and supervisee should agree upon the goals for the supervisee that year. Supervisee must submit these goals formally online after the meeting. Supervisor will review and approve the goals submitted online and will communicate with the supervisee to update the online goals as necessary throughout the year.
- At the completion of the meeting, both the supervisor and the supervisee will initial the Record of Supervisory Meetings to indicate their mutual agreement that the meeting occurred.