UGA Student Affairs is committed to serving as an educational laboratory for graduate students pursuing careers in Student Affairs, however, all students enrolled in or applying to a master's-level graduate degree program offered at the University of Georgia are eligible to apply for graduate assistantships through this process.
The Office of Vice President for Student Affairs (OVPSA) coordinates the selection process for graduate assistantships in Student Affairs and in offices of our campus partners (Career Center, New Student Orientation, Office of Service Learning). Applicants should address questions regarding all other aspects of employment, including but not limited to tuition remission and payroll, to the specific assistantship provider. Please note that while we fill positions for many Student Affairs departments through this process, some departments have their own internal process for filling graduate assistantship positions. Additionally, this process is not inclusive of all positions available across the university. We encourage you to reach out to departments you are interested in working with to determine if they may have positions available for the upcoming year.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a graduate assistantship!
Applications for positions available during 2022-2023 will open on December 2nd, 2021.
The deadline to apply is January 10, 2022.
All Student Affairs Graduate Assistantships for Fall 2022 will be listed below .
In addition to assistantships we offer through this process, we recommend that you contact your program of study and the UGA Graduate School. You are welcome to email us a .pdf of your resume (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case positions open up.
Please see below for a list of position descriptions for available assistantships, total number assistantships offered for that position, and additional prospective graduate assistant resources.
For additional questions, please review our Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.). If your question is not answered in the F.A.Q., you can contact us at email@example.com or 706.542.3564.
The positions below are sample positions from previous years. This will be updated in November 2021.
Greek Life (1 assistantship total)
Positions added after the application deadline:
The following positions will be added on a rolling basis as they come in to our office. It is recommended you contact the department listed in the position description for more questions related to scheduling an interview, submission of an application, etc.
Graduate Assistantship Campus Day
Have you submitted your applcation to assistantships above and received confirmation of admission to your graduate program? Check back here to register for the Graduate Assistant Campus Day
- We ask that you hold the day to accomodate scheduling interviews and general programming.
- The morning programming is for all admitted assistantship applicants. The remaining portion of the day depends on the number of interviews you have scheduled with individual providers.
- Providers have been asked to try to complete all of their interviews during that time frame but may be able to accomodate scheduling needs for during the week. All interviews are to be completed within the week.
- Individual departments will coordinate interview scheduling with you.
- This year's program will be digital via Zoom. Zoom information located in the registration page.
Important Dates and Timeline:
- December 2, 2021: Applications Open
- The application will ask you to select which assistantships you would like to be considered for, to upload a PDF of your resume (non-PDF documents will not be accepted), and to list three (3) references.
- January 10, 2022: Applications deadline. Must submit your application by this date.
- January 10, 2022 to January 26, 2022: Time frame in which departments will contact prospective candidates to schedule an interview for Graduate Assistantship Campus Day. Departments will contact you if interested in scheduling an appointment.
- January 25, 2022: Deadline to register for Graduate Assistant Campus Day and notify the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs intent to participate in Graduate Assistant Campus Day.
- February 2022 (TBD): Graduate Assistant Campus Day
- For 2022, a remote, digital program to highlight aspects of UGA, UGA Student Affairs, and welcome candidates.
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances, interviews are to be scheduled to occur this day.
- February 2022: Assistantship offers begin and candidates may begin accepting assistantships on this day
- *We do ask that if you accept an assistantship at another institution, to let firstname.lastname@example.org and the department's point of contact that scheduled your interview know as soon as possible.*
- April 15, 2022: National deadline for candidates to notify of decline or acceptance.