Applications Open for UHC's BeYOU Body Positivity Peer Educators
University Health Center
Location: University Health Center
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
All day. See details for start time.
This is a reoccurring event. See below for more dates/times for this event.
BeYOU Peer Educators will be trained to facilitate an interactive, peer-led program, which aims to help students feel better about their bodies. The program encourages students to verbally challenge the “thin ideal” that is prevalent in our society and the media through interactive role plays and written exercises.
Apply today! Accepting applications through November 16!
- Students are expected to facilitate at least 2 workshops per semester
- Attend/work at least 2 Tabling/Body Activism events per semester
- Participate in BeYou social media campaigns (share and retweet posts/comment/contribute to content)
- Distribute promotional flyers across campus - Attend at least 2 (50%) of the whole group meetings per semester
- Students will have the opportunity to serve as “Project Leads,” assisting with the planning of events, meetings, and projects.
This Event Happens Again On: