2015 Strategic Plan
The Division of Student Affairs’ mission is to enhance the learning environment for students at the University of Georgia. We accomplish this by stimulating the learning process, integrating the in-class and out-of-class experiences, promoting an environment conducive to growth and discovery, and facilitating intellectual, spiritual, social, occupational, physical, cultural, and emotional development.
The Student Affairs 2015 Strategic Plan aligns with the University of Georgia's 2020 Strategic Plan, and outlines Strategic Directions, with accompanying priorities, which will guide our work through the coming years. Our plan is a dynamic, living document, responsive to the ever-changing needs of the Division's constituents. The Student Affairs 2015 Strategic Plan arises from the collective work of a Division-wide group of professionals who served on the Strategic Planning Committee. This plan was reviewed and approved by the Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT) on August 26, 2011. This team will oversee the annual implementation and evaluation of the plan.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION I:
Promoting a Culture that Supports Holistic Learning Experiences for Students
1. Develop a Division-wide program through which students will demonstrate proficiency in the Student Affairs Learning and Development Objectives (SALDOs).
2. Strengthen the Division of Student Affairs assessment program within individual units to ensure that it is efficient, comprehensive, and coordinated.
3. Integrate the work of the Division of Student Affairs in the implementation of the University’s First Year Odyssey Program.
4. Ensure seamless integration of Extended Campuses into the work of the Division of Student Affairs.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION II:
Cultivating a Division of High-Performing Individuals within Student Affairs
1. Recruit and retain high performing individuals.
2. Promote training and development to advance career opportunities.
3. Ensure the staff evaluation process is functional and meaningful.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION III:
Demonstrating Effective Stewardship of Resources Administered by Student Affairs
1. Maintain, create, and update facilities or equipment with an emphasis on effective use of natural resources and sustainable living, while planning and advocating for the future needs of students based on national trends and best practices.
2. Use resources, knowledge, and technologies among units within the Division with a greater emphasis on partnerships and collaboration.
3. Generate additional funds available for Student Affairs programs and services through fundraising, development, and revenue generation.
4. Seek ways to accomplish Division priorities through leveraging resources with external units.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION IV:
Developing Partnerships to Advance the Mission of the University of Georgia
1. Collaborate with other University departments, with an emphasis on innovative academic alliances.
2. Create opportunities for student input in policy and process development, decision-making, and administration of programs.
3. Encourage and support staff to engage in service to nonprofit community organizations.
4. Enhance support to transfer students, returning veterans, graduate students, and professional students.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION V:
Enhancing and Sustaining a Culture of Inclusion at the University of Georgia
1. Ensure that the Division of Student Affairs models inclusivity.
2. Support and participate in the recruitment, retention, academic advancement, and graduation of underrepresented student populations.
3. Increase opportunities for community building and intercultural learning.
4. Prepare students through programs, services, and other experiential opportunities for responsible participation in the global society of the twenty-first century.