Professional Enrichment Institute
The Professional Enrichment Institute is a multi-faceted, selective professional development opportunity for staff at various levels within the Division of Student Affairs. The Institute will engage participants in a specially designed curriculum shaped by the principles of excellence, ethical practice, and inclusion. Participants will develop new and enhance existing skills essential for leadership. The Institute provides a premiere experience within student affairs at the University of Georgia.
The Professional Enrichment Institute will:
- Recognize practitioners who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to the mission of the Division of Student Affairs
- Provide opportunities for participants to interact and share ideas with leaders in higher education
- Provide professional development in areas critical to leadership in higher education including financial management, staffing and supervision, facility design and management, risk management, and strategic planning
- Prepare practitioners for leadership roles in the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Georgia
- Prime practitioners for continued service in higher education in the state of Georgia
Designed and managed by the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Institute is a professional development opportunity intended to reward and recognize staff members in the Division of Student Affairs committed to the mission of the division and continued service to the University of Georgia. Participation is limited to eight exemplary divisional staff members who will be selected by the senior leadership of the division.
- Participate in eight, monthly educational sessions
- Interact with senior level administration and Institute faculty
- Be considered for representative roles on behalf of the division
- Be a part of a cohort of 6-8 members
- Visit other campuses
- Receive up to $2000 in travel reimbursement for approved conference travel, after fulfillment of program requirements
The curriculum of the Institute will be shaped by the needs of its participants, but will focus on providing skills needed to advance in the field of student affairs. Faculty for the Institute will include experts in their respective functional areas from UGA and other institutions. The curriculum will be challenging, thorough, and inclusive and will be taught in a hands-on, high involvement style.
The Institute is designed for full-time Student Affairs staff members who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to the mission of the University of Georgia and the Division of Student Affairs. The ideal candidate
- Has consistently exceeded performance expectations
- Has demonstrated exceptional professionalism in his/her day to day work
- Has demonstrated commitment to career enhancement and leadership in higher education
- Has demonstrated an eagerness to learn about higher education administration
- Has experience in one or more of the following areas: budgeting, staffing, supervision, facility management, facility design, policy development, or program development
- Is able to fully participate in all aspects of the program
To apply for the Institute, staff members must receive a nomination from a member of the Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT). Eligible applicants will be notified.
- April 23: Deadline to receive nominations
- May 15: Deadline to receive applications
- May 15 - 16: Initial evaluation of applications
- May 20: Final selection