Conduct at Athletic Events
The following requirements will be enforced at the admission gates of Sanford Stadium, the Coliseum, and all athletic grounds where athletic contests are held on campus. Note: These same rules apply to all spectators at athletic contests on the campus.
1. No food or drink containers of any type, including ice chests, ice bags, thermos bottles, or other containers or objects considered dangerous, will be brought through any gates.
2. No alcoholic beverages will be permitted.
3. Radios must be kept at a low volume and should not disturb other spectators.
4. No horns of any type or artificial noise-makers will be allowed.
5. Signs, banners, pictures, etc., that are offensive to individuals and teams, that are not in good taste, block the view of spectators, or create a safety hazard will NOT be allowed.
The hanging or displaying of signs on stadium walls, bleacher areas, ramps, or any area of immediate stadium, coliseum, and athletic grounds is prohibited as a safety precaution, to eliminate excessive cleanup, and to avoid defacing of property with tape, glue, nails, or other materials.
In the event of a special banner day or night being conducted, all signs and banners will be admitted through a special gate and must be approved by Game Administration personnel. These signs and banners will be displayed in a designated area.
6. During inclement weather, rain gear is recommended in Sanford Stadium. Use of umbrellas will not be permitted.
7. Pass out checks are not permitted at any gate for any reason for all ticketed athletic events. Persons leaving these athletic contests on the Georgia campus will not be readmitted without purchasing an additional ticket, provided tickets are available.
8. If, during the event or game, a student’s behavior or language is disruptive, abusive, or interferes with the rights of other spectators, the student may be asked to leave or be escorted from the premises if necessary; and if such conduct is deemed to be in violation of the University Conduct Regulations, he or she may be referred to the University Judiciary.
9. A student who enters a Georgia athletic contest is subject to all athletic and stadium policies.
10. The Athletic Association reserves the right to refuse admission for failure to comply with rules and has the right to remove any student who violates rules governing athletic events.
11. Student seating for Georgia home football games is reserved. The reserved seat, which costs $8.00 per game, is sold on a seasonal basis and is available at a designated time and place. A student is entitled to sit in the reserved seat only for football games. Basketball, baseball and gymnastic events use open seating.
12. The UGACard is required for all athletic events. Driver’s licenses cannot be accepted. Tickets are required for some events; please check with the Student Ticket Office regarding each event. (542-7969).