UGA Gwinnett Campus Bulletin Board Posting Policy
Materials, such as flyers and small posters, may be posted on Gwinnett Campus bulletin boards for 10 business days. Posting materials on any other surface on campus is prohibited. All materials must be submitted to the Department of Student Affairs for Extended Campuses (DSAEC) for approval. The staff of the DSAEC will post approved materials and remove them. Materials must advertise: (1) an event sponsored by a registered student organization, UGA department; or (2) U.S. government organization or (3) personal advertisements listing items for sale, for rent, rides, tutors and other “wanted” items, which can only be posted by UGA faculty, staff and students.
Commercial advertising on campus is limited to companies that have a contractual relationship with the University of Georgia. All other commercial advertising is prohibited. Commercial enterprises are defined as any business or individual advertisement that is designed to induce others to purchase an item or service. Please see UGA’s Solicitation Policy for more information.
General job recruitment advertising is prohibited.
Bulletin boards are located in the first floor lobby area near the vending machines and the first floor west wing, near the library. The following guidelines apply to all posted materials on the bulletin boards:
• The name of the sponsoring organization or department must appear on all printed materials.
• Materials should not exceed 11 by 17 inches. Glitter, telephone number tabs, card pouches, tear-off cards and other such materials are prohibited.
• To increase accessibility for those with visual impairments, creators of posted materials are encouraged to use at least a 12 point font size (or larger) and a serif typeface (fonts with tails on the ends of letters, like Times New Roman, Georgia, or Minion Pro) for text.
• If the flyer is printed in a language other than English, English subtitles must be listed to identify the name of the organization, the subject of the flyer, and the time and place of the event.
• Materials may not advertise alcohol in any form. If an event occurs off campus, no references may be made to alcohol in any form, drink prices or drink specials.
• Please contact the Department of Student Affairs for Extended Campuses with any questions. We are located in Suite 153 and may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678.985.6767.